Click on the Forums link at the top of any page and then select the category that best applies to your question. (For example, Microsoft Office or Hardware.) Please post your question only once. You can request that it be moved to another forum later if necessary.
After selecting a forum category, press the orange “New Thread” button above the list of existing questions.
When writing your question, please be as descriptive as possible. Be sure to include your operating system (Windows 10, Windows 7, etc) as well as the exact text of any error message that you might be seeing. If possible, it would assist us if you run our system information utility. Copy the results from the window that opens, and paste them to your post.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it really free?!
Yes. This site is paid for entirely by advertisers and donations. You are not required or expected to make a donation. Making a donation does not increase the speed or odds of receiving a reply to your question.
What are the rules?
We make every effort to keep Tech Support Guy a friendly place to find computer help. As such, we have a few important rules that you must follow:
- You may not ask help in performing any illegal activity, including using P2P programs or avoiding copyright protection.
- Please post your question only once. You can ask a Moderator to move your question later if necessary.
- Do not post advertisements of any kind.
- Be polite and patient to everyone! You may not use foul language of any kind (not even if censored) and you may not post offensive messages or images.
- Click here for a full list of rules.
Tips for using our site:
- REPORT A POST: At the bottom of every post, you’ll see a link called “Report.” Click this link any time you see a post that violates our rules or when you need to have your question moved to a different category.
- MARK SOLVED: Did we solve your problem? At the top of your original question you’ll see a “Mark Solved” button. Please click on it to indicate that we’ve helped. A reply in your thread to acknowledge what worked would also be appreciated.
- NO ANSWER? If you don’t get a response to your question quickly, give it some time! Remember that volunteers are not always available to answer your question. If a day or so goes by without a response, DO NOT start a new thread. Instead, simply find your existing question and reply back with the word “bump.” This will bring your question back to the top of the list.
- DONATE! If you like our site, we could sure use your support! Click here for more information.